Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Art lessons

Today I tought are lessons for a couple of home schooled families. It was pretty, um, caotic. There were 11 kids from the ages of 4-16. That was pretty challenging...that is, to find an art project that the kids of ALL ages could work on. They were really good though. We did some printmaking. It was a lot of messy fun. We first drew some pictures onto styrofoam plates so there was the image in the plate, painted it up, then transferred that image to a piece of paper. It was so messy! But then, we used some cd cases and painted on the back side of those, and wiped away some of the paint to make prints of those images on the paper. One of the moms bought some cheap canvas bags that we got to paint on as the last thing using one of the techniques they learned. I hope that they enjoyed it. I think the kids did. I am just worried that the moms expected more. I could just email and ask them, I suppose. I stressed myself out about it leading up to the whole thing, and now I am worrying about whether or not they liked the class. I need something to help me relax. I worry too much. Here are a few pictures from the big event!




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I am certain you did fabulous! It looks like the kids were hard at work! :)

Qtpies7 said...

I'm sure the kids loved it, kids love painting! And it wasn't just painting, there were techiniques in there, too.