Saturday, October 6, 2007

Needed to read this!

I have been really struggling lately with the fact that I am not using my "gifts." I believe that God has given me this artistic and creative gift....and I feel like it is going to waste. I desire to paint or pastel some things and build my portfolio so maybe I can show some things around here, or something. But I am doing nothing.

I keep hearing on TV, on the radio, in church, everywhere basically that (in essence) if you really want to feel happy and fulfilled in life you need to follow your dreams, use your gifts, chase your desires. I think this has some truth to it. I have even had customers from work telling me this. It is funny how something like this keeps pounding me over the head lately.

I still don't know what to do about it. I know that if I quit at Pier 1, mom will watch Elli for me while I paint and whatever. I just don't know if I am really really ready. I think I am. I say all the time "I want to quit." Now that I can, I am scared to. I can't let it be about money...which I think is why I am hanging on.

Anyways, I "stumbled" across this blog this morning and thought "Hmmm. How interesting...something else telling me to be myself."

4 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

Thank you for the congrats! The Learning Tower came a couple of days ago, that was SO fast! I'm hiding it either for birthdays or Christmas. Both of my little 2 have birthdays before Christmas.

Rebecca said...

you have more talent than I could ever even long for... use it! in fact- if you want a project :-) I have more than one bare wall :-)

love you

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally updated your blog! It keeps me up to date on my home town life! I told mom to tell you to write in it, but i don't know if she did. Anyways have a good day and PAINT!
Love
Your favorite baby sister

emily said...

You do have amazing gifts!!! Yes, you should use them to strengthen them. Everything will happen in time and the fact that you aren't ignoring your drive is fantastic! I live in a town that thrives on art and creativity. There is an old Torpedo factory that they've turned into an art studio. Local artists come in and set up shop and work and sell. I've bought a few pieces there. If you ever need a place to sell some work....I'm sure we can find places here. I'm actually encouraging my sister to do the same! God has a plan, as long as you're open to it he'll take care of you.