I had a very productive day, today. Well, sortof productive...I got a lot of things crossed off of my list and that's productive to me! This morning I had a meeting to help decorate for the youth group's Sunday morning thing. Then Elli and I got our baths, and headed off to lunch with my Aunt Lois, my mom, and my sister Becky. Then we went to the mall and I got a free bottle of lotion at Bath & Body works, went to the kitchen store and got a strainer for my sink (because I am tired of pulling baby food lids out of the disposer), and then headed off to home. Well, I thought I was going home because Elli still hasn't slept today. But I decided that I really didn't want to go home since I was out and thought we'd keep going. I went to Pier 1 and bought a lot of stuff for the church's ladie's room that is being remodeled, and since I work there - I can hook us up with a discount. Cool. Elli is still not sleeping, but doing good...so I run to the craft store to return things and purchase paint for class that I ended up not having THEN to JoAnn's for fabric for this oh-so-cute blanker poncho! Still no sleeping- but not cranky.....what a great day!!!
I saw this online and in amagazine and thought - HEY! I could make that! I thought it would be so comfortable! And apparently it is! Elli loves it. She got upset when I took it off of her to sew around the neck of it ( I was making sure I cut the hole big enough). I bought some fleece with my 40% off coupon at JoAnn's, a quilting quater flat, and $5 and an hour later I've got this great little poncho blanket! Cool huh?! Ofcourse, I had to make a teeny one for her baby that has no clothes...but I didn't take a picture...didn't want to waste any film. ;)
.JPG)

3 comments:
I love it Jessie! You are so creative!
Elli has the coolest mom ever... kids are gonna be so jealous someday :-)
miss you
Oh, I love it! You should open a little Etsy shop and sell them! I'll be your publicizing person. You know, send me a sample and I'll tell the world, lol.
Post a Comment