Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independance Day


I love that we have a day called Independence Day. I think it is awesome. It makes me proud to be an American and it chokes me up a little thinking of all of the people fighting for our country and protecting me and my family so that we can live in a place that is free and we can be independent. It also makes me mad at our politicians and how they argue over the stupidest things and how ridiculous they act. So stupid.

Anyways, on this day I don't feel like moving to Canada.

We had a pretty good day. They all went to the parade down main street, but Elli, Katie, Emily, and myself stayed home. The parade was conflicting with her lunch and nap time, so we stayed and I needed company so the other girls stayed. But we had to work...we had to clean off the deck for dinner that night. Ick-yuck-bleh-eeeeeeew & creepy-crawly dance. It was spider country. We went through 3 cans of spider spray (they were already mostly gone). The girls wiped the chairs off with a (long) broom, sprayed the spider corners, Elli put soap on the chairs and I hosed and scrubbed them. We ended up feeling comfortable out there. It's probably covered again. We had a good "bonding" experience. :)

After the family picture, Elli slept, the boys played in the water, some of the girls went to a craft show, and Joy and I stayed home and watched television. There was a What Not To Wear marathon on. Cool.

So I didn't spend a lot of time outside, but it was still a nice day. E enjoyed the toys they brought home from the parade and the baked beans for dinner...she had a great day :)

Here's some pics :

2 comments:

jackelyn said...

That is a pefect pic of Elli holding up the flag. I'm glad it's just a week now before you guys come home. Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Love your description of cleaning the deck! I'm the same way with cleaning up spidery places. Had to laugh at that. Love the annual family t-shirt pic.

Lois