Friday, September 5, 2008

A big event

So this is Elli the other day sleeping in her crib, curled up on her big white teddy bear that she's had forever, just snoozing away, contained. So cute.

Then she decided that it would be fun to climb out of her crib onto the changing table that was next to her crib and play while she was supposed to be taking a nap.

So here we are now in a crib converted to the toddler bed phase, with the changing table turned so she can't climb up the side (I have to where else to put it - and I still use it because that's the only place where she will lay STILL and not turn and squirm....I'll use it as long as she lets me!) It's a little sad, but oh well. She goes right to sleep at night, but still struggles with staying in the bed at nap time. I hope the novelty of it wears off soon, because I can't rock her to sleep everyday or nap with her in my bed (though, that really doesn't sound too bad after all). My little girl's not staying so little :(
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay for Elli! Not even 2 yet! We still struggle with nap time in the big bed. I think it's just going to be a battle that we have to deal with...every day.

Superdumb Supervillain said...

the first pic is so funny... the stripes on her shirt look like the crib bars, like she's a chameleon matching her surroundings...

Unknown said...

It's sad how quickly they grow up, right before our eyes. Hey, I say rock and cuddle her as much as you can, because before too long you will long for the chance!