Monday, August 8, 2011

Joeli's Tree

I'm not a one-trick-pony, I swear!  I really can paint other things besides trees! I just have always loved them so much and have such a connection to them (I have been known to hug a tree now and then), it's natural and easy for me.  I enjoy it very much.  
This particular tree was painted today in my nieces nursery.  She totally would have loved a blooming pink tree, but she is the first born and this nursery will be used again and a little brother may not appreciate it quite as much. ;)  So we decided that a simple leafy green tree would be just as lovely and sweet.  
You can click on a picture for a larger, fuller screen image :) 



They are going to put shelves on three of the branches that I made extra level - well, as level as I could do free-handed! 



Add in some pretty vinyl butterfly decals and you're all set!   

Aunt Jessie loves you Joeli!  I hope you really enjoy your new tree!  You can tell me later...you can work on napping during the day and holding your head up on your own first :) 

4 comments:

jackelyn said...

I LOVE IT! thank you so much!!! i'm sure joeli will thank you for it one day, too

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

I wish you lived close because I'd commission you to make a tree in my sons room. Because we don't live near family, I'd want to put picture frames on the branches all around and make a "family tree" so he can always see the people who love him. I love your trees.

Melinda said...

As always, I love your work. :) Like I said on FB, once we get a house of our own, I am hiring you to come paint. Seriously. :) Love you!

Sheila said...

Hi Jessie! I'm from Brazil, and came to your blog through Better After. Girl, you rock!!! I loved your kitchen island, so out of ordinary!!!
God bless you and all your creativity! People like you bring color to the world!