So today I had a family reunion! Woohoo! It was our yearly "Nicholas Reunion". We go the third Sunday in July every year to
North Bend state park and eat and greet and chit chat. Sometimes if your lucky, you only 3 bug bites and a
little dirt on your plate. It is probably 45 minutes from home, and it is always a mystery where the family is. There is never a scheduled picnic shelter...you just have to drive and hope that you land in the right parking lot with cars that you know. Today we did. This was my first year with a baby. THAT was interesting! It really wasn't all that bad...there were plenty of people to hold her...but would she go to anyone?? NNOOOooooOOOOoo. It's good to be loved. It was hard on her when I had to go to the bathroom...which is a whole other subject on state parks bathrooms - hense the reason I did not take her with me. It was just hard with her today because all she wants to do is crawl and explore... and stick
everything in her mouth. She wouldn't stay on the blanket when there was perfectly good dirt and sticks just right there!!! SO she was held all day. My back is tired. But all in all, I really have no stories to tell. I have a pretty normal family with the exception of a few country boys and girls. Weather was good, food was good, company was good....glad it rained when it did, though...I was ready to come home.
I did get a good picture or two out of it all!
.jpg)
2 comments:
I LOVE the picture of the two of you! You can tell that she is growing up to be a wonderful little person.....she's soooo happy :)
OK, so I'm a little late in reading your blogs, but you know my internet situation at home is BAAAAAAD. So now that I'm at NRAO for 2 weeks, I can check this regularly and get caught up on old ones.
Did I take these two pics? They turned out good!
Post a Comment