So like I have said before, I really don't like to fly. I like to have my body as close to the earth as possible. I mean, I can potentially survive a car accident. Odds are pretty good that I won't survive a plane crash. I trust the pilot and the crews completely...it is the other passengers that I have a real hard time with now - since 9/11 has given me something else to worry about.
We made it though. It was, generally speaking, a smooth and uneventful flight. There were a little bit of bumps along the way (that really freaked me out), but thankfully I was distracted by the drink service and a baby. I have it timed that by the time the flight crew serves drinks and cleans up everything, we will be landing in a few minutes. Then I can breath a little more. I was so stressed about it all yesterday that I couldn't move my shoulders last night without serious pain. I took medicine and went to bed.
But speaking of babies....I don't like flying with a 1 year old! She was easy when she was 6 months old. Yesterday was a different story! I think it may have played a little differently if she didn't sleep for 2 hours on the way to the airport and then eat and get lots of energy and squirm and complain because she could get down and run the isle of the airplane and so felt the need to bang on the tray of the seat in front of us (that thankfully was empty) and punch the numbers on the plane phone and throw her toys everywhere! *deep inhale here* Yes, we are those people. Hey, at least she didn't scream and cry. I hope the trip home is well.
Today we celebrated the holiday with Mike's family. It has been a very good day. I will blog about it later with pictures of our Christmases! Right now, there is a little girl crying that I need to investigate.
1 comment:
You survived it! That's notable! I hope you enjoy your visit with the in-laws! :)
Post a Comment