This is the first moment that has lasted longer than 2 minutes that I have had in a long time. That's why I haven't been blogging - to those of you who care. And I am already being hollered at, so this won't be long.
Last week Mike had an arthroscopic knee surgery to repair a torn miniscus. So he was out for a few days - which meant that I have done everything. I didn't realize how much I have depended on him coming home and relieving me for a little bit while I recouperate and gather myself for the rest of the evening. I have had to take care of him and a young toddler - and it was crazy....I didn't do a very good job taking care of him. I was also helping to redecorate a ladies bathroom/lounge in the church (if I remember, I'll take pictures), build huge dividing screens for a church service that Mike preaches in, and take care of my house. I was off of work while Mike was recovering, so at least I didn't have to do that. But, I am really far behind in school - which I hate more than anything. I so much want to succeed in this class - even though I am just auditing it...I still need this. If I can't do this, how am I supposed to go back to school for credit?
I am back to work now, still behind in class, and still exhausted and I need a vacation. I want to go to the beach....or to anywhere other than here. I think I am depressed. Seriously.
Elli got her 4th tooth today. It is her second top front tooth. It was so nasty last night. It was almost through the skin, but wasn't yet - so it was all bloody and swollen like a blood blister - it was awful, I felt so bad for her. I gave her some teething tablets and infant motrin and nursed her to bed. She slept fine and when she woke up, there was only a little skin stretched over the tooth, but there was no blood and no pressure like there was. After work today, it looks great! It's through!
My good friend Jill had her second baby today - Isabella Faith...today also happens to be her first child's 1st birthday! What a day!
I've put Elli's hair into little pony tails...they don't last all day, but it's fun to try. She doesn't think it's all that fun, but it's cute. I tell her that if she wants to be the prettiest girl in school, she has to go through this. (Ha! Not really.) .JPG)
Here's a couple of cute shots of her and daddy watching Baby Einstein:.JPG)
.JPG)
Here's a couple good pictures of her curly hair! I don't know what to do with curly hair! I think it is more than just baby curls.... .jpg)
.jpg)
I just realized, after scrolling through this and checking pictures, that there are a lot of pictures of Elli's crown. I guess that's one way to get a-head in life....now, that's using her head!....She's got a real head on her shoulders.....can you think of any other stupid "head" jokes? Ha! I know Lois can! We've come up with them before! :)
4 comments:
I hope things are improving for ya. I know it can be so overwhelming to be a mom, wife and housekeeper plus work a job outside the home! Give it to God. He'll help you through.
I love Elli's hair. Jake's looks just like it with all the curls. I can't give any advice on what to do with it...Jake's is usually an afro!
Have a great weekend. Love ya!
She could be the "head" of a major corporation.
welcome back... i missed you :-)
how's mike doing?
I have the winter blahs too. I want to go somewhere too - beach sounds good to me. Seems like everyone is going somewhere nice but me lately.
I laughed at the "head" jokes. I remember that day - funny day. I'm so tired right now I can't think of any to add (plus my aide won't quit talking long enough for me to hang on to a single thought).
Love the curly hair - she's such a cutie pie.
Lois
Post a Comment