Sunday, November 23, 2008

I've been busy!

I've been so busy lately! I haven't been very good at keeping up with this blog - sorry. I've been working in my church office 3 days a week, among everything else that's been going on. I enjoy helping out there. It's a lot of fun. The only thing that gets old is telling people we can't help them out right now with things. People want a direct line of help from us and other churches in the community, but it doesn't work that way. We have to go through clearing houses for Christmas, Community Resources for utility help, and other things like that. I get hung up on a lot. It's sad. I almost cried the other day when I helped someone out to their car with all of the food pantry goodies and she had a little girl asleep in the back seat. It makes me so thankful, but also like I'm not praying hard enough for the kids in poverty like that. They don't choose to be in that situation. It's sad!
My in-laws are coming this week! I am so excited! But, I've been working around the house trying to get it clean. (I know you are reading this, Becky, but are you really suprised? Haha!) I still need to clean out their room that they stay in because I have turned it into my personal storage closet for leftover baby items, Christmas and birthday presents, etc, etc, to get stuff out of the way in my studio. No one ever stays at my house, so it's precious space that could be used - so I did and I have A LOT to move. Still not sure what to do with it all. Yesterday I organized back in my back basement. It feels good to have moved things around. It still need a lot of help, but at least we can move around down there now. Today, more cleaning.
I've re-arranged my basement making room for the flood of birthday and Christmas toys that will be showering down onto my poor tiny house over the next month. Half of the room is play land, the other half living room.
I got Elli a purple Christmas tree for her room yesterday. It's pretty cute. She's already pulled the bells off 5 times. The bells were a GREAT idea....seriously. I know when she's into her tree. The big tree should be fun this year.
I still need to put my etsy shop together, but I can't think of a good name. Maybe later this week when things settle a little, then I'll get it done. I'll let you know!
Should get ready for church now. Have a great day! We're having a heat wave! It's supposed to be 44 degrees!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you. I am cleaning today too. Getting ready for my brother and his family. And getting ready for Christmas....I cannot wait!
I am excited that you are going to do the etsy shop thing. You are SO talented!!

Jessica said...

I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving and visit with your in-laws!

Have fun cleaning too! :)