Today was a messy day at work for me.
I work at Pier 1, and we are always moving things around to keep things fresh and fabulous. I love this part of my job - and am proud to say, I am good at it. Though I enjoy the visual aspects of my job, I don't like moving around the things in the perimeter walls....especially candles. But! Today was my lucky day! Today I got to move around our candle wall. We had just shifted and moved the candle scents around earlier in the week, but it was done wrong. Blah. So, since I am good and quick, I got to start it by setting as many shelves as I could so the next shift would know where to place the shelves correctly. These are not fun to move and not necessarily easy to move either....it is a full body workout...seriously. I knew better than to wear my white capris today - but I thought since it's Monday, we won't be moving much around. I was wrong.
So before I could set the shelves, I had to clear them off. There is a lot of crap stuffed into these walls. I started with the reed diffusers, since there is a lot of them. Well, I was going along (in my least favorite scent area) and with arms full, a Patchouli reed diffuser shatters in the crease of my elbow! GROSS!!! I HATE PATCHOULI! I could have at least broke an "Island Orchard" or "Citrus Cilantro"...but no. I had to bust the worst smelling scent of all....ALL OVER MYSELF. My shirt is ruined. My arm has little invisible pieces of glass in it. My capris reak of patchouli and if it doesn't come out, they are ruined too. Arg! I am going to smell like a dirty hippie who refused to shower and shave her armpits and wears patchouli because it is the only thing that will cover up my body odor - for a week. I might soak in the tub over night.
So to top things off, the other manager that I was working with (luckily there were 3 of us today - there has to be at least 2 if anyone's to leave the store) she was at the bank and had to run an errand. So I had to smell my stinky self for an extra long time before I could leave and get some new clothes.
Oh man, I stink so bad...it's embarassing.
3 comments:
HA HA!!
ha ha! thats funny that you smell liek patchouli:) But...i can't laugh too hard because Travis's shippi friends are coming up on Fridaya nd staying the night.....they dont shower....they use patchouli....they stink, and they are going to make my house stink. Ew!. Oh yeah, those pictures of my favorite niece are soooo cute :)
Becky
Oooh, too bad it wasn't something nicer. But remember even too much of a good thing, isn't a good thing anymore. Did you get the glass slivers out of your arm?
Post a Comment