Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Parade

Yesterday was the big Vienna Christmas Parade. It was pretty exciting! :) I live pretty much at the beginning of the parade - someday this will be a great thing. Everybody in the parade is so excited to be there, that they throw TONS of candy out at the beginning and run out by the end...which is where I was during childhood...at the end of the parade. One day, Elli will be thankful she lives 50 feet from the main street and so close to the beginning of the excitement! She wasn't what got all of the oos and aaahs though...the dogs were! Mom came over and brought Emmett (who did suprisingly well, I thought) and June (I think to see if she could hear anything...drums...fire sirens...anything). I also walked Cali up to the corner.....this is where she ended up : ....tied to the stop sign. She is TOO wild to try to contain with a baby on my hip. She enjoyed watching the people.

Apparently, Elli was very sleepy. So sleepy that she (amazingly enough) fell asleep during the fire department showdown...where all of the firetrucks and ambulances run their sirens and honk their horns and see who can keep it up longer and louder than the rest. Cali and June didn't even notice, and Elli fell asleep. Here's proof : It was killing my ears!

Look Elli! Toy Soldiers! (Or the PHS marching band) Look Elli! Santa Claus!!! Oh well. At least she got to see the mayor, the beauty pageant winners, the antique cars, and the poor, freezing 4 year old baton twirlers.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Aw, the joys of the Vienna Christmas parade! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so funny that she slept through all those noisy sirens and bands. Wish I could sleep that soundly. Pretty cute post.

Lois