Friday, March 21, 2008

And life goes on

So as many of you who have children know, or have a husband know, or have pets know, or have a job know, your plans may as well be written on a stinking etch-a-sketch. Last week, I had 5 days off in a row! Awesome right?! I had all of these plans to catch up on my school painting, work on and finish this mural I am going to be doing in our quiet room at church (it's going to be really baby friendly and cute!), do some organizing, start my yardsale pile, clean up my basement, finish sewing Elli's Easter dress, and all sorts of wonderful things. But NOOooOOoo! I was laying with Elli on the couch Tuesday night (the beginning of my time off) and she had suddenly developed a high-high fever. It was reading 102.6 or something like that. She kept it for 3 days. So I couldn't do anything! I couldn't go to school or church and paint and leave her sick somewhere! So I stayed home, which made her very clingy and panicy if I left the room she was in for any reason. I was nuts-so by the time it's all over. Needless to say, I've got nothing done. That's why I haven't blogged in a long time. I haven't had the chance! ( There was time, though to watch the first season of LOST) I haven't had time to tweeze my eye-brows (I am looking like the Eagle muppet). I only was able to get Elli's dress finished because it HAD to be done by Easter. I've only started organizing - which I can only do while she's sleeping because most of the stuff is on my second floor that needs to come to my basement and there's no way to block the steps and keep her from falling down while she's awake.
Today there is an art opening that I have to go to for school, but may have to skip because I don't want to go by myself, and Mike has a prior engagement that he says he can't cancel. I am waiting to here from someone to see if they want to go with me. The only thing in my life right now that is a for-sure thing is my work schedule. Probably because I HAVE to be there, otherwise it would end up on my "I'll do it tomorrow" list like the pile of laundry on the couch and the dirty dishes in the sink.
On a positive note, though...Elli was very pleasant yesterday. That was a very good day.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love the etch a sketch analogy. So true, so true. I hope Elli is better and your life returns to normal soon. Have a great Easter! Be sure to show pictures of the dress!!