Friday, March 7, 2008

Snack time!

Tuesday I hung out with a dear friend of mine, Megan. I haven't been able to visit her in a very long time - which is a little sad because she lives so close. But anyways, Elli and her beautiful daughter Libby played while Megan and I sipped tea, looked at pictures, and caught up on things.
I had read before about toddlers liking to "graze" (much like us adults do) and that a good idea is to set out an ice cube tray of snacks for them to eat on the run. I never did it, because I don't have ice cube trays and never thought to buy one when I was at the store. Megan had a great idea - that I quickly stole. She used her Pampered Chef chillzane veggie and egg tray to do her spread of treats for Libby. What a genius! And I have one! So today I made a snack tray for Elli in my thing that I've never used before complete with Elli's favorite - blue berries or "boo" as she calls them. There are grapes, graham crackers, goldfish crackers, cheeze mandarin oranges with wheat germ on them so they aren't so slippery (another of Megan's things) and it slips in some Folic acid and Vitamin E, and some dried fruit too...yummyyyy.
Elli obviously went for the blueberries first. Truely her favorite. I have diapers to prove it. I am convinced that blueberries are the reason that she has not been sick all winter (other than the 3 days she had a stuffy nose). They are so healthy and full of anti-oxidants....and so good.....
And Cali clearly wasn't far away. Sure she looks like she's just laying there...but she's waiting until Elli or I turn our backs and then she'll be into in a flash. Little does she know, there's a fancy lid that comes with it that I have closely on standby.
We'll be doing this again!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

What a great idea! I love it! :)