Monday, January 26, 2009

Crafty Crafties Part 1

Just to prove that I actually have been doing things, I am going to post some pictures of the fun.


I have been making stencils out of freezer paper and painting my clothes. I am trying to figure out a design I can do that will incorporate fabric bleaching with the painting too. Kindof a negative/positive thing. Any ideas? As cool as these are, they are unfortunately one-of-a-kind. I can only use my stencil one time. I usually tear it when I pull it off of the fabric (becuase it's ironed on). I guess that I could cut out a completely new one, so it isn't exactly one-of-a-kind, but what fun would that be?!


So here are some of the designs I've done:
This is one I made for the back of one of Mike's dress shirts. Turned out pretty cool.


This I made for Jackie. She loves the tv show 'House.' Everything is first diagnosed as lupus on the show. A pretty good likeness. I am going to make her a Mike Rowe from "Dirty Jobs" shirt too.

I love sea turtles. I kept this one.

Handmade IS better. Just promoting my stuff in a way, I guess.

I copied this clipart from a website. It took WAY too long for me to finish this one. I am happy with it, but it was too complicated. I like to get things finished fast, and that didn't happen with this one.

I want to make some things for Elli too, but I don't know what. It seems like a lot of pressure to pick out something to put on a few shirts for her. Any ideas?

Stay tuned! More crafty crafties to come! And a friend of mine will be giving away something of mine on her blog soon for her 500th post! I'll let you know what that happens too :) - and what it is ofcourse!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jess, those are really good. And that picture of House is pretty darn near identical, I think. We love that show, too! I missed you last night, but I hope Elli gets to feeling better. Too many sick babies!