Friday, January 23, 2009

Save Handmade

Please! Click on the new button that I posted on my blog - it says "Save Handmade" on it :)

There is an incredible amount of information about this new law that is coming into effect on February 10 that is, in my opinion, really going to screw up the economy - not to mention any family struggling with income and trying to suppliment with safe, handmade childrens things.

Like me, for example.

Please, write/email/call your congressman and senator - there are sample letters on the page that you'll be routed to.

These links are on the page also, but I found them sadly interesting:

Endangered Whimsy- a blog gallery of handmade products endangered by the CPSIA. Feel free to submit yours. I will as soon as I get some photos. It makes me really sad.

Sad but true: The $15,160 kids dress on etsy posted in protest of the CPSIA. How can the government expect us to survive?

Anyways, there is a lot of good stuff, and a lot of ways we can voice our opposition and hopefully make a change. Didn't Obama say that this is a country "for the people" ? Let's see if he means it.

No comments: