Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow day!


It snowed today! And it wasn't so bitter cold that we couldn't go outside, so Elli and I bundled ourselves up and headed out! Our street is a dead end, so it never EVER gets plowed, no one ever drives on it, and it's a little bit of a hill, so I grabbed a sled and played in the middle of the street. That's right. And it was fun! Then we headed out back, threw snow balls at the dog, played in the swing,

ooo look! what's this!?

pouted because her lip hurts.

The other day, Elli bit through her lip. Poor little thing. It wasn't that bad before, but now it looks (and probably feels) like 2 giant ulcers in her mouth right on her lip. If she eats, it hurts, if she moves, it hurts. If she talks and her lip touches her teeth, it hurts. I feel bad for her, because there isn't a whole lot I can do to help her. I've just given her a popcicle before she eats to kindof numb it, teething tablets because she says her teeth hurt, and occasionally I'll put some baby orajel on it. I don't know what else there is that I can do. Hopefully she'll be able to sleep. She's already cried two or three time since she's been down. :(
But she enjoyed the snow!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Elli! The best thing I could suggest from when Libby knocked her tooth out is arnica. It's a homeopathic remedy for bumps and bruises. As soon as Libby fell, I started giving her some every 15 minutes, and it made an incredible difference. You could get it at Mother Earth. It's called Arnica Montana. If you want to get it, find 30X strength and give her a tablet every 15 minutes for an hour (you cold even give her 2 tablets for the first few doses), then every few hours or whenever it seems to be bothering her. The tablets dissolve really quickly, so you just try to put them under her tongue and tell her not to chew them. Make sure she hasn't had anything to eat or drink (other than water) for 15 min. before or after you give it to her. I think that's it. Call me if you have any questions! I hope Elli feels better soon!

Jessie said...

I knew my friend Megan would have something for me :) Thanks Megan!