Thursday, February 19, 2009

Crafty Crafties

My cousin, Jason, is serving over in Iraq right now (pray for him - again - he's been there before) and I thought that I'd make him something. So I made him a Rubik's Cube personalized with pictures of his lovely daughters and beautiful girlfriend. I think it turned out so cool, that I actually made one for Mike for valentine's day (of us, not Jason's family!) - but forgot to take pictures of it before he took it to work. ( I sent the solving directions with the cube that I sent in case he can't firgure out how to solve it if somebody screws it up!)
** This just added!! It's really very easy to make. I purchased some sticker paper, measured the squares on the cube...5/8 inch square is what I used. Inserted pictures into Microsoft Word (because that's what I have!) and cropped them how I liked them down to the size that I needed and printed, snipped, stuck, and sealed(with mod podge)! I know it is very very wrong to peel off the stickers on a cube, but I did it anyway...and it felt good! The hardest part is picking out pictures. 6 good pictures printed 9 times- it took a seriously long time to print because of the file size. **



And I made this cute little crown for E girl. Isn't it sweet? Look how crazy curly her hair is!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Bridget said...

That Rubik's Cube is SO cool! Any tips on how to make it?

jackelyn said...

Jason will love it! I'm jealous that I didn't think to make him one first! haha j/k The crown for Elli is really cute. Good job!

Anonymous said...

love the Rubik's cube Jessie you are so good

Anonymous said...

That is really neat. Did you just peal the stickers off of a regular rubics cube? Now how can anyone else send Jason something that will top that? Lois

Ruth said...

love the crown! what did you make it out of???