This may look like your ordinary Disney Princess obsessed little girls line-up, but this is quite extra-ordinary. For 4 of these princesses have been earned. That's right. I am bribing my daughter to use the potty. I don't care what you say. It is working for me! I won't reward her everytime she goes, but to get her to know what it feels like and what I mean when I say to use the potty - it's worth it. She has earned 4 "presents" in 24 hours with no "icky" messes! I haven't even been trying to potty train. I've just been encouraging her towards it. Princesses really are magical.

2 comments:
Jess, this story brings back memories! As I have boys, potty training was different... but with one son, I let him pee outside - he LOVED it! and that helped a lot! (he still loves to pee outside!). With kid #3, I waited until he was 3 1/2 and asked if he could be a "brother". "So", I asked, "what is a brother?" "Well," he said, "brothers have underwear!" when I explained what 'having underwear' would mean, he said, "I can do that!" And, lo and behold, he did! only one 'mistake' that I can remember! Definitely waiting until they beg to grow up helps!
Hey, whatever works! Don't think of it as 'bribing', think of it as rewarding her for her big accomplishments! haha Good job!
Post a Comment