So here's how my day went today. I got kicked out of my bed this morning by a two year old who decided to crawl into bed with me sometime in the night. I went to the eye doctor and got my eyes dialated and examed. I couldn't see anything clearly for hours. Fun! Fun! Especially when they do that little poof of air right into your retina. Then when I eventually made it home and was cleaning up some things and noticed Elli being very quiet. I found her under the table playing with a new bottle of foaming face wash. She was "hiding" and "washing my hair" she said. At least she's telling the truth! Bath #1
Then I guess at dinner time, she decided she was finished with her peanut butter and thought it would be good to rub it all over her face while I went to the kitchen to get us both a drink. Bath #2 and then some bribery potty training that ended up with me just wiping up the floor.
Ugh. Some day.

2 comments:
I have had many of these days Lexi was the best to potty train at
2 1/2 I think because she saw Emily and Claire and she thought I will try that out .....Emily took forever like almost 4 and Claire was a 3 1/2 good luck !!!!
I remember these kinds of things...lol! They DO eventually decide the potty is better than well...the alternative. When Traci turned two we decided it would be a great idea to buy her “big girl pants.” She had been wearing pull-ups already so why not, right? Well, we bought her the cutest underwear with pink & blue bunnies on it. We brought her in to show them to her...and she SCREAMED at the top of her lungs and ran away! It’s funny now, but it wasn’t then. :-P For several months after this, every time we showed her the “bunny pants” she would scream and run away. It gets better though...like the time Josh cut a hunk out of the back of Traci’s hair (he was 4, she was 3)...his excuse was “she wanted me to do it”. Or the time we found Brett in the basement play room with his hair completely plastered flat with bar soap...and a large chunk cut out of his bangs. Mothering...never a dull moment!
Post a Comment